Stop gerrymandering in Ohio’s Congressional districts
Chairman Bill Coley – (614) 466-8072Senator Joe Uecker [pronounced EEK-er] – (614) 466-8082Senator Kevin Bacon – (614) 466-8064Senator Bob Peterson – (614) 466-8156Senator Troy Balderson – (614) 466-8076Senator Kris Jordan – (614) 466-8086Senator Frank LaRose – (614) 466-4823Senator Matt Huffman – (614) 466-7584
We are progressing, but more needs to be done. Here are the numbers:
305,592 – Number of valid voter signatures needed statewide = 10% of votes cast in the 2014 Ohio gubernatorial race.
44 – One half of Ohio’s 88 counties must collect 5% of the votes cast in that county in the 2014 gubernatorial race
16,839 – number of signatures required from Cuyahoga County voters to become one of the 44 qualifying counties.
(As of 12-20-2017)
188,000 – valid signatures collected statewide
27 counties over the 5% threshold
• The statewide requirement is 10% of the 2014 vote, not 5%
• If only 44 counties qualify, those counties will have to collect a lot more than 5%, or even 10%, to compensate.
• Even if all 88 counties qualified at the 5% benchmark, this is still only half of the 10% statewide requirement.
Other ways to help:
• Check the updated signature collection calendar for other signature-gathering opportunities.
• Pick up petition booklets and drop off completed booklets here.
• Sign up for the LWVGC Fair Districts e-newsletter to receive regular updates on signature collecting opportunities.
• Make a donation.
• Endorse the proposal.
• Recruit friends to help. Have them contact Catherine LeCroix.
Are you interested in helping the League’s work
for MAKING DEMOCRACY WORK?
View the many opportunities to volunteer with the LWV of Greater Cleveland!
Donations to The League of Women Voters of Greater Cleveland Education Fund are tax-deductible and provide important support for voter and civic education programs, including much of League’s voter service work that provides nonpartisan candidate information during the election season. To make an online donation to the Education Fund click here.
Donations to The League of Women Voters of Greater Cleveland, while not tax-deductible, are important for keeping dues low, promoting membership growth, and supporting direct advocacy. To make an online donation to LWV of Greater Cleveland click here.